Don't do these:
- During the winter, if you are the person who lets your black cat to adventure outdoor, it is advisable to only let your cat out for a short period. Especially for smaller cats, cats with less hair, or cats returning to health after an illness.
- If the weather is cold, even if you are indoors, dry you cat immediately if he gets wet and never let your cat go outside if he is wet.
Hypothermia is a medical condition when the body temperature drops too low for the organs to function the right way. Frostbite often occurs in the extremities. This is because, in order to keep the important organs as warm as possible, the body will begin to shut down unnecessary body parts. Your cat may have hypothermia if he is shivering, breahting and moving slowly.
In this situation, it is important to warm up your pet:
- Bring your cat into your warmest room and wrap him in warm blankets. You can do that by putting the towel in the dryer for a few seconds or use warm water bottles wrapped in a washcloth.
- You could also use hairdryers. Use a low setting and be careful not to get too close to your cat.
- Once your cat starts to warm up, a warm bath could be very helpful, but if you are planning to take him out to the vet, and the whether is still cold, this may not be a good idea.
Tags: cold, weather